Tuesday 27 March 2012

Analysis of a previous Media Studies student music video


I reckon the first thing to say about this video is that the performance isn't great. It just seems to me that the lip synching isn't up to scratch, and in all honesty the girl needs a few dance lessons. That might not be the girls fault though, she has had the decency to do this video for either herself or her friend, but you need a confident performer.

I think the camera angles are good. I think some of the moving shots are really well done and i think the narrative of the song is well illustrated. For example i think the bit where the camera zooms in on the diamonds works well.

On another down point though i think the edits are a little bit jaded. I think its a quickish song and some of the shots are around 6 seconds long, and they need to be so much quicker if they want the audience to remain interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment